The Creating Economic Development through Local Food Systems Workshop will be held on Dec 12th at Kress Farm Garden Preserve in Hillsboro. This workshop will offer great presenters on:
- Growing Local Food Systems: Benefits, Challenges and Opportunities in Emerging Local Food Networks
- Community Food Processing Facilities
- Building a Curriculum in Sustainable Food Systems and Entrepreneurship
- Meat Food Hub: What Does it Take to Create One?
- Funding Opportunities for Local Food Systems
- Kansas City Food Hub Feasibility Study
- Round Table Discussions
- Strengths of the existing local food systems
- Barriers to local food systems
- Create list of those doing local food systems presently
Registration is $20 and includes lunch and materials. For any questions please feel free to contact Debi Kelly, Horticulture/Local Foods Specialist with University of Missouri Extension – Jefferson County | 301 3rd Street, P.O. Box 497 | Hillsboro, MO 63050 | Phone: 636-797-5391 | Email: email@example.com.