There will be an Introduction to Native Plants workshop at Kress Farm on Saturday, May 9th. Pre-registration is required, and class size is limited to 20. There will be classroom learning and then a walk through the farm to identify and learn the growing habits of native plants. The workshop presenters will be Nadia Navarette-Tindall, Native Plant Specialist with Lincoln University and Sue Bartlett.
Registration is $20 and can be done by contacting the Jefferson County Extension office at 636-797-5391. The deadline for registration is May 4, 2015.
Here’s a preview of the itinerary:
- Check-in begins: 9:30 AM
- Program starting at 10 AM to include:
- Introduction to Native Plants
- Woodland and Prairie Plants
- Lunch at Noon: brown bag (bring your own and have a picnic in the beautiful Kress Farm setting)
- 1:00 pm – Walking tour of the prairie and woods to identify and learn the growing habits of native plants