The Jefferson County Health Department is offering a program over the next month for families with children. It is a virtual class on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6 pm offering fun, interactive nutritional and physical activities.
Each week on the Healthy Jeffco Kids Facebook Page there will be two Facebook Premiere events; one focusing on nutrition and healthy snacks, and the other focusing on physical activity. Throughout the week, there are challenges for the whole family too! There are activity logs available, and most recommended activities are geared toward elementary school ages (Grades 2-6). All age groups should be able to attempt the activities though.
You can register your children using the link below. And don’t worry: they won’t kick you out if you fail to show up on Thursday evening. Even if you aren’t able to participate in all of the weeks, registration allows for better planning and allows them to track participation. This is a grant-funded program, so impact and numbers participating is important.
Keep in mind too that there are prizes! That’s right; your kids can win something for participating in the activities and tracking their activities. Of course, there are random drawings for prizes too, so make sure to register your kids today. The program starts on Tuesday, July 14. Here is the schedule as of now:
- Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 6:00 PM, Get those legs pumping!
- Thursday, July 16, 2020 6:00 PM Fuel Foods!
- Tuesday, July 21, 2020 6:00 PM Jump so high you’ll touch the sky!
- Thursday, July 23, 2020 6:00 PM Taste Testing!! Bring fruits 🙂
- Tuesday, July 28, 2020 6:00 PM How well can you throw and catch?
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 6:00 PM Become a Sugar Detective!
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020 6:00 PM SPECIAL GUEST – Make your own breakfast: A follow along food demonstration
- Thursday, August 6, 2020 6:00 PM SPECIAL GUEST – Become a Yoga Master
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020 6:00 PM SPECIAL Guest – Easy meals to fuel for school!
- Thursday, August 13, 2020 6:00 PM Bend but don’t break!
Leave a Reply