Courtesy of Feel Good Foodie
Not your average Nachos
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ¾ cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup sweet yellow corn thawed
- 1 jalapeño sliced, optional
- ½ to 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick oil or line with parchment paper.
2. Use a small sharp knife to core the stem from the pepper. Then slice the pepper in half and then slice each half into 3 equal parts. Each pepper will create 6 “chips”. Lay the bell pepper chips on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer with the insides facing up.
3. In a large heated skillet, stir the ground beef until its cooked through and crumbled. Add the taco seasoning, along with 2/3 cup water and stir. Add the black beans, corn and jalapeños, if using. Mix until well combined and heated through.
4. Spoon the mixture over the bell pepper pieces. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
5. Serve warm with your favorite toppings
If you try a recipe, post a photo of your creation to social media. Be sure to tag us at @GetHealthyDeSoto or #gethealthydesoto.