The farmers’ market trivia night is another COVID-19 casualty. We just can’t safely make it work. We’re still excited about the 2021 season though and have a different winter fundraiser planned. We hope that you will join us for…
First up, information about the Scavenger Hunt! We chose to have teams with between 2 and 4 people, so households can participate together safely. Your team can travel around town solving riddles and taking photos and videos of the different places referenced. The Scavenger Hunt will be held on February 20, 2021 from 10 AM until 3 PM, and there will be some great prizes!
- Choose your team captain. (Don’t worry; you can dub them the team Overlord, and we won’t tell.) The captain will receive the rules, clues to locations, and team challenges via text or email.
- While out and about, take pictures and short videos of your journey. Directions for submitting this evidence will be included in the rules that are provided to your Overlord.
- Winning teams will be announced live online at 5 PM on February 20.
- Prizes will be available for pickup at the market building on Tuesday, February 23 from 5-7 PM with other arrangements being made as necessary.
- The cost is $15 per person, but there’s an early bird discount. If you register by February 8th, the cost is just $12 per person.
If you aren’t into Scavenger Hunts or are a business, but still want to support the market, you might consider sponsoring a clue for $50 or sponsoring the event for $100. Please email Dawna at [email protected] for more information.
We had such fun with our online auction in the fall, that we’re organizing a second serving. An item preview will be posted on our website beginning February 17. Bidding will begin at 1 PM on Friday, February 19 and run through 2 PM on Sunday, February 21. This won’t be an auction on Facebook, so we are hoping more people can participate. Winning bids will be available for pickup at the market building on Tuesday, February 23 from 5-7 PM with other arrangements being made as necessary.
To participate in the online auction, be sure you are signed up to receive market announcements. We’ll send more information as the weekend of fun approaches!
If you’d like to donate an item, please email Dawna at [email protected].
Leave a Reply