New Get Healthy DeSoto Website!
Welcome to the new Get Healthy DeSoto website! Please take some time to explore. This is where you will find everything you need to know about Get Healthy DeSoto.You will find information on all of our programs and services, including many pages dedicated to De Soto Farmers’ Market. You will also find information on our Community Gardens, our Policy Change Initiatives, ongoing activities, upcoming events, and much, much more.
Please take a look at our photo galleries too. We have one for the farmers’ market, and another for GHD. You will also want to scroll down on the Home page until you come to our youtube link. You won’t want to miss our new farmers’ market videos!
We hope you will enjoy perusing. There are lots of light and fun things to see. However, there is also a lot of important health information and many helpful links included in the site. There are links to forms, documents, and brochures, etc., specific to Get Healthy DeSoto and De Soto Farmers’ Market. There are also links to outside websites, covering such things as healthy lifestyle choices, medical issues and nutrition.
If you are a market vendor, please take time to view our vendor pages. Additionally, all visitors should check back periodically to read our blogs and get updates on our busy calendar of events and our ongoing projects.
We hope you will visit often, and also that you will join us for GHD activities and events, and come see us at the market. And always pay close attention to what we are up to in the De Soto community. Everywhere you look in the community you will see signs of Get Healthy DeSoto’s presence and mission.
If you are not yet a member of Get Healthy DeSoto, and you live in the 63020 zip code, please take the time to fill out our enrollment form on the Home page and mail it to us. We are always eager to welcome new members.
Farmers Market Grand Opening 2012
We have lots of great returning Vendors and some new ones joining us.
Here are the Vendors for May 5th:
- Twin Creek Farm-All kinds of Vegetable Bedding Plants including tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, cucumbers, onions, etc.
- Sandy View Acres- Fresh, Frozen, Farm Raised Beef and Fresh Vegetables.
- Cyndi Lou’s Produce-6 kinds of lettuce, 2 kinds of Chinese cabbage, 2 kinds of beets, Red potatoes, Yellow Squash & Zucchini plus possible more.
- Ray Underwood’s wooden creations.
- Maragart Pillen’s wonderful handmade quilts and blankets.
- Matheny Farm-Blackberry, tomato, pepper plants.
- Gary Breckinridge-Handmade Granite Candles creations.
- Trendy Tykes- Hand sown baby and children’s clothing.
- Redbud Canyon-Various and unusual plants.
- Busy B’s Apiary-Fresh Local Honey
- Katie Sanders-Handcrafted Jewelry
- Single Creek Draft Horse Farm-Beautiful Inpatients, Bedding Plants, and Local Maple Syrup.
- Paula Akins-Live Rabbits, Crochet Items, Homemade Jams.
- Kehoe Farms-Fresh Eggs, Live Rabbits & Chicks, Alpaca & Angora Fiber & Fiber, Handmade Items.
Friday at Noon is the cutoff time to sign up as a Vendor. Call Cindy at 636-208-3391 to get your application.
We will also be holding a Market Basket Raffle this week. The basket is handcrafted from Marsha Foster of FROG’s Hair Baskets. It is called “The Elbow” basket and the design is originally of the Choctaw Indian construction. Don’t miss the oppourtunity to win this great item with lots of Market goodies. Tickets $1.00 a piece or 6 for $5.00. Tickets available at the red Market barn on the Market lot.
See you at the Market-Best place to be on Saturday Morning!
New Farmers’ Market Logo!
You might notice some changes at the market this year. Here’s one that we’d like to introduce a little early: our logo has changed! It’s not that we don’t like the near infamous green tractor, but we decided that we needed something that better identified the market. Not that we don’t have tractors at the market on occasion, but it didn’t really identify the market as a whole. Be on the lookout for the new logo, and here’s you’re sneak peak.
- « Previous Page